Moroccan Rhassoul clay, an organic skin care
Today’s ingredient is totally in line with the spirit of “To Natural Beauty”, a natural element produced spontaneously in the magnificent underground factories of Mother Nature. Rhassoul clay is a brown clay/dirt mined from deep under the Atlas Mountains of Morocco. In Morocco, women are still preferring Rhassoul clay as an organic skin care to any other modern products.
So, let’s have a look at the benefits of Rhassoul clay, and how it will make your hair and skin look brighter.
Rhassoul clay: An organic skin care.
During my many visits to the Atlas region in Morocco, I was mind-blown by the beauty of their women. This made me wonder each time, how could they have flawless perfect skin, and a shiny long beautiful hair, without using any of the fancy synthetic products modern women usually use, while in modern societies, having an Acne-free skin is more like a dream?
The answer to that question lays in the use of completely natural products. Henna, Argan oil, Olive oil, Orange blossom water, Roses, Moroccan black soap, and Rhassoul clay, are natural products derived from centuries-old Moroccan traditions. They have proven to be very effective as organic skin care and hair care, and all have contributed to the natural beauty of Moroccan women.
What is Rhassoul Clay?
Rhassoul is a volcanic mineral clay extracted from 500 years old mines in the Atlas region of Morocco, the only known Rhassoul producer in the world. It has been mined and sold to the entire Middle East since the middle ages.
Rhassoul clay is essentially composed of Stevensites and Montmorillonites, and it is rich in Iron, Potassium, Magnesium, Silicon, Sodium, Pro-vitamin and other minerals, which makes it very nourishing and reviving for both the skin and hair.
It is also known for being a powerful absorbent (1,66 times its weight in water) and has a very high cation exchange capacity, which means it has very high adsorption properties. These properties of absorption and adsorption make Rhassoul clay very effective in hair and skin detox, as it removes grease and impurities.
One of the many virtues of Rhassoul is that it does not contain any surfactants and does not alter the lipo-protective film of the epidermis or the hair fiber. Therefore, it can be used as a shampoo or soap without doing any damage to the skin or the scalp not even when they are sensitive.
More infos here.
Benefits of Rhassoul Clay
Moroccan Rhassoul clay has wonderful aesthetic and therapeutic properties for skin and hair. Its benefits make themselves obvious to you immediately after one use. Here are some of them:
- Gently cleanses, purifies and removes grease from the hair fiber and the skin tissue without irritating the sebaceous glands, or weakening the hair, which makes it an effective organic and natural detox for skin and hair.
- Moisturizes and softens the hair and the skin.
- Decongests the epidermis.
- Absorbs sebum excess and regulates its production for mixed and oily skins as well as greasy scalps.
- Has an astringent effect and helps tighten the pores, which makes it suitable for acne and oily skins.
- Prevents and removes blackheads.
- Helps clear dandruff problems.
- Gives more elasticity to the skin.
- Has a regenerating and lightening effect on the dull skin.
- Rebalance the pH of the Skin.
- Eliminates the bags under the eyes.
The various uses of Rhassoul
The uses of Rhassoul clay as an organic skin care ingredient
Rhassoul is recommended for combination, oily, acne, dull and sensitive skin. Here are some examples of uses:
- Purifying mask for acne skin, especially in case of blackheads.
- Balancing mask for combination skin.
- Radiance Mask.
- Gentle scrub for face and skin.
- Cleanser for the epidermis.
The uses of Rhassoul clay as an organic hair care ingredient
Rhassoul is recommended for mixed, oily, fine and dull hair as well as for sensitive scalps. As examples, it can be used as:
- Shampoo / to use as a mask.
- Volumizing mask.
- Balancing mask for mixed hair
- As a mask to soften the hair
How to prepare Rhassoul clay
Rhassoul clay is very easy to prepare, it is often sold in the form of powder or small stones. To be able to use it we need to mix it to hot water to make a paste of the same consistency as yogurt.
- In a recipient, place an amount of Rhassoul clay. 2 tablespoons might be enough for a facial mask, while for the hair you will surely need a larger quantity.
- Add hot water to Rhassoul clay in small amounts, until you get a paste.
- Mix and add water if necessary to obtain a texture that is neither too liquid nor too solid.
- Leave the mixture to cool down.
- Apply the paste to your face, body, or hair.
- Leave the mask on for about 10 to 20 minutes. This will allow the vitamins and minerals to penetrate better into the pores of your skin, hair, and scalp.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water. Rhassoul can be difficult to remove sometimes, in this case, use more water, It will start melting completely after a couple of minutes and you can then wash it easily.